Compact energy absorber.
Absorbica is a compact energy absorber, for use in combination with a Jane lanyard to make a fall arrest lanyard. Equipped with tear-webbing inside a pouch that opens on each end, the absorber is protected from abrasion, while allowing for regular inspection. It has two options for installation on the harness, according to the frequency of manipulation.
- Designed for use in combination with a JANE lanyard, to make a fall arrest lanyard with a maximum length of two meters
- Absorbs energy in case of a fall:
– tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
– works with users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg
– progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk: compact, to facilitate handling
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
– frequent connection/disconnection: using either a carabiner that is held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the absorber), or a MICRO SWIVEL to avoid tangling
– semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape ensures optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling
- Certification(s): CE EN 355, EAC
|Length with connectors||80 to 200 cm, depending on the connectors (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)|